Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Patience

I guess you must have heard of or ever used this phrase: "I don't want to lose my patience". Patience is a very expensive attribute and virtue in life. You can only know you have developed patience when you can no longer lose it; patience does not expire. I have come to believe that it is easier to have faith than to have patience. James says, "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." [James 1:2-4]. He mentions of a 'Faith test' and a 'Patience test' in this portion of scripture.
For a Christian, you can't go through a patience test without raising your level of trust in God; these two will have to be tested together.

No comments:

Post a Comment