Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Transformer's Devotional - Tuesday, 29th April 2014


OT: Zechariah 13:9
And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are my people'; and they will say, 'The LORD is my God.'"
_
NT: Colossians 3:7-10
In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.
_
Points for meditation:
• God’s refining process may not be pleasant but it is for our good; to transform us into the ‘new people’ He desires us to be.
• Our new self keeps evolving towards Christ’s likeness by reason of the revelation knowledge of God; not by reason of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment