Friday, July 16, 2010

There is hope


God’s mercy is so extreme that even after driving Nebuchadnezzar off the throne to live with the animals, God preserved his kingdom for him. For seven years he put him low so that he could exalt him after changing him for the best. Interestingly, when God restored him to the kingdom, he restored all his respect and glory to him. Nebuchadnezzar testifies saying, “At the same time mine understanding returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, my majesty and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent greatness was added unto me” (Daniel 4:36). Hence, we learn that when God takes you through a “humbling process”, it is not meant to destroy you but to place you where you belong – at his feet. And when the process is over, no matter what happened, he restores your respect, dignity, authority, and power, and in most cases it comes with promotion. If they sought a king who ate grass and lived in the open fields for seven years, with hair like eagle’s feathers and nails like bird’s claws (Daniel 4:33), then God can surely restore anyone to glory.
“For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease.” – Job 14:7

No comments:

Post a Comment